Convergent Media Systems, a Ballantyne Strong company, is a leader in digital media solutions. We incorporate cutting edge technologies to deliver best-in-class solutions to end users. We provide our customers the ability to drive business objectives through digital signage and enterprise video communications. Today, Convergent provides solutions that reach across 95,000 displays at 22,000 sites and seen by millions of people every day. Visit our website at: www.convergent.com.
The Sales Account Executive role is focused on finding new business as well as developing and maintaining client relationships. This role will be a remote/work-from-home opportunity and candidates must reside in California, ideally in the San Francisco or Los Angeles metro areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research target market segments (retail, restaurant, banking, healthcare, F500, etc.) to develop a thorough understanding of their needs and buying behaviors.
- Learn the features/benefits and value proposition associated with each of Convergent’s services and become proficient at differentiating them from those of its competitors.
- Actively prospect for opportunities – a hunter mentality is a must – in order to build a robust pipeline and achieve sales goals.
- Create and conduct sales presentations using the challenger sales model.
- Update Salesforce in a timely manner with all account, contacts, activity and opportunity details.
- Brief the VP, Sales & Marketing on prospect/client opportunities and provide an accurate forecast of monthly sales projections.
- Develop relationships and network within market and industry segments.
- Achieve or exceed all assigned goals and objectives for sales volumes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Experience and Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years field sales experience required.
- Proven history of sales success utilizing a consultative selling process for a complex technology solution involving multiple decision-makers and influencers over a long sales cycle.
- Prior experience selling to Marketing or IT execs (VP/CMO/CIO) in the retail, restaurant and banking industry or at F500 firms preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Salesforce.
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; natural ‘people-person’ who can navigate customer organizations and build strong relationships with key decision-makers.
- Excellent time management and organization skills; maximizes time spent prospecting and closing sales.
- Self-starter who is always motivated and has a positive attitude, focuses on solving issues and collaborates with others throughout the company to maximize sales.
Convergent Media Systems and Ballantyne Strong, Inc. are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. This organization participates in E-Verify and conducts pre-employment criminal history background checks and drug screens.
To apply for this job please visit www.convergent.com.